Thursday 27 November 2008

Thursday 13 #11 - 13 m/m couples


1. Callan and David - the two heroes from the book A Strong and Sudden Thaw by R. W. Day. This in a way is a very gentle love story, despite the violence that occurs elsewhere in the tale. Recommended if you’ve never read m/m before but are interested. The love scenes are sensual but not graphic and the main plot of the story is just as strong as the interaction between characters.

2. Belimai and Harper from the book Wicked Gentlemen by Ginn Hale. I wasn’t sure what to expect when I started to read this as steampunk is not a genre I’m familiar with. But I was quickly drawn into the world of Hells Below and the forbidden love between Belimai - a Prodigal, and Harper - an Inquisitor.

3. Kevin and Scotty from the show Brothers & Sisters. Kevin is by far and away my favourite B&S character. He’s very witty and sharp. Though my favourite B&S scene remains the food fight between Patricia Wettig and Sally Field. lol

4. Giles and Alim from the movie A Touch of Pink. Maybe slightly controversial? I know some people don’t like the fact that Giles is a bit of a man-slut and sleeps with someone other than Alim. But check out the quotes page for the film at the IMDB. The film is packed full of snappy dialogue and stands up well to multiple viewings. Well for me anyway.

5. Zach and Shaun from the movie Shelter. Recommended on the mmromance yahoo group. I loved this film. It’s a sweet romance without being saccharine and has a happy ending.

6. The same cannot be said of the next couple. The main reason I stuck with Season 1 of The Tudors was because of the relationship between Compton and Tallis. So there was really no reason to carry on watching after episode 7. LOL - I would include a clip here, but my favourite scene is only on Youtube dubbed in Italian. :sigh:

7. Jules Cassidy and Robin Chadwick from Suzanne Brockmann’s Troubleshooter/Team 16 series - which is about 20 books long by now - or getting there. Jules and Robin’s notable appearances are in Hot Target, Force of Nature and All Through the Night. I think most people have Jules as their favourite but I have a soft spot for Robin.

8. Val Toreth and Keir Warrick from the Administration Series by Manna Francis. Set in a dystopian future, the Administration series follows the developing relationship between Toreth an interrogator for the Administration and Warrick, a corporate developer of simulated realities technology. Not for the faint-hearted, Toreth is a sadistic sociopath and Warrick is a masochist. Manna Francis makes no concession for the reader as far as Toreth is concerned, but she also makes it clear that Warrick is no victim.

9. Adrien and Jake from the Adrien English mystery series by Josh Lanyon. I like Adrien because although he could be considered a beta male, this doesn’t mean he takes crap off anybody. The relationship between him and Jake progresses slowly over the course of the series, sometimes taking massive steps backward and sometimes apparently disappearing altogether. But even when Jake isn’t there you can still feel his presence on the page.

10. Aiden and Nate fomr My Fair Captain by J. L. Langley. No list would be complete without a mention of Aiden (who I keep wanting to call Adrien because of the previous entry lol) and Nate from the Sci-Regency series. Very erotic and beautifully written. My favourite scene remains the one where Aiden hides in Nate’s bedroom.

11. Payton and Simon from The Englor Affair by J.L.Langley. Second in the SciRegency series and a little more earthy than My Fair Captain - or maybe that’s just the way I’m imagining them . I hope it’s not too long a wait before another book in this series appears.

12. Dominic and Adam from the Morgan Kingsley series by Jenna Black. A little confusing as they are a human couple possessed by a demon couple. When Dominic is exorcized early in the first book, he stays with Adam and provides a human connection between his somewhat surly lover and the protagonist of the series.

13. Last but not least Donald Strachey and Timmy Callahan from the Strachey mystery films. Another recommendation from the yahoo group. And although I like mysteries, my favourite bits are the time spent with Donald and Tim.

If anyone has other favourites please share. :)

No comments: