Saturday 22 November 2008

Day 2 - Wordcount Blasting

So, onto Day 2. Reasonably clear day, just have to take the dog to his class this afternoon, but that should still leave me with plenty of time to crack on. Apart from expecting a visit from my sister and nieces later, but hopefully will have made a dent in it by then.

Wordcount start of Day 2 - 17589

Wordcount end of Day 2 - 18421

Now it might seem that this is not a cause to celebrate - but IT IS! Because I have finished chapter five - the first love scene. And anyone who was reading between the lines of my Thursday 13 on Procrastination a couple of weeks ago will have realized I was sorely stuck on that. But I am over it! Finally - and it’s only taken me most of the day editing and re-editing to get it right (and changing the point of view character for the chapter)*. And I can now crack on with the rest of the story.

* - I know that editing is not part of the Nano process, and it’s the part that I struggle most with. But I find the more I’ve got my character’s behaviour straight in my head and right on paper, the easier the revision process is.

No comments: