Thursday 20 November 2008

Thursday 13 #10 - WIP's

As this month, perhaps more than any other in the year is writing focused and we covered procrastination last week, this week is 13 WIP’s. From ideas that are still drifting in my imagination, to completed stories in need of being gutted, here are 13.

1. The Tithing - (m/f) (vampire) Story complete, awaiting revision. Set in a distant part of the Land of the Fey Universe (kind of).

2. The Bargain - (m/m) (vampire/werewolf) Current WIP (Nano and Sven project) Ouline completed and working on first draft. This is my vampire and werewolf road trip story set in the Land of the Fey Universe approximately five hundred years after the events of If Wishes Were Horses.

3. Raven - (m/f) Outline complete and first draft started. Beginning needs rewriting following comments from crit partners. This is a direct sequel to If Wishes Were Horses.

4. Robert (working title) - (m/m) Outlined. First of the Five Brothers sequence. (Conversely though Robert is the second eldest brother). This is the story I really wanted to work on for Nano, but at least it’s in the queue. A different universe to LotF.

5. Fian (working title) - (m/f) Outlined - in my head. I have a very broad idea of what I want to happen, and some key scenes already worked out. Second of the Five Brothers, Fian is the youngest brother.

6. The Fox Prince (m/f) Genys and Reynard’s story. Prequel to the events of If Wishes Were Horses. Outlined. Explains more of the political situation of Titania’s rise to power and the civil war. (A Land of the Fey story)

7. Titania (working title) - (m/f) Yes she gets a story! Third in the sequence following If Wishes Were Horses and Raven. I have the broad plot in my head but not the fine detail yet. But in regards to Titania I think of the stories as :-

If Wishes Were Horses/The Fox Prince - Ascension
Raven - Corruption
Titania - Redemption

8. Silvertree - (m/m) Outlined, though the beginning needs revising as I’ve kind of swiped some of it for Robert (even though they’re different stories). This is a separate universe to the Five Brothers and The Land of the Fey. And is my sci-fi romance.
Other stuff that’s milling around in my head:-

9. Wolf’s Heart (working title) - (m/f) Partly outlined sequel to The Tithing but following the werewolves rather than the vampires.

10. When Alaric met Lily - Not a romance but a story about friends. I would love to write this at some point. Just something short and sweet about how they helped each other heal.

11. Untitled Shifter Story. I always keep an eye on the Samhain submissions page and see if any ideas percolate through, when I read what they’re looking for. I doubt I’ll get a chance to write this in time to submit, but I may file it away for later use.

12.Untitled Werewolf story. (m/f) Set in the same place as The Tithing and Wolf’s Heart, but taking place a little earlier and following a couple of characters who appear briefly in Wolf’s Heart. When I was outlining Wolf’s Heart they just caught my interest.

13. Untitled Sequel to The Bargain. (m/f) LOL - but that’s about all I have on it at the moment.

No comments: