Friday 28 November 2008

Thoughts

LOL - you should know by now I suck at titles.

So I’ve been thinking (hence the title of the post) for a while about posting some online fiction. But haven’t, for a couple of reasons.

1 - It takes me a long time to write anything. I usually write about three or four drafts, then crit group and/or beta read, rework any problems, then final polish.

2 - Kind of connected to 1). Any extra writing I do will be time away from my WIP, and would probably not be as polished as I’d like. I am something of a rabid perfectionist.

Anyway, what I’m thinking of doing is short scenes, a la Friday Fiction. These may be from familiar characters such as Lily and Alaric, or characters I’m playing about with in my head - such as Robert, or something completely random and strange.

For 2009 (notice how I’m giving myself a little time here) I’m planning on blogging as follows:-

Tuesday - WIP progress report
Thursday - Thursday 13
Friday - Fiction
Sunday - Poem, for as long as I’ve got poems to share

With other random stuff chucked in for good measure I’m sure. That’s the plan anyway, comments, questions, suggestions?

No comments: