Tuesday 6 January 2009

WIP Update

The first rough draft of The Bargain is completed. Due to circumstances I've had very little online time, so a lot of it is written out longhand at the moment.

I'm now working on the second draft. You'll notice that the progress meter in the sidebar has changed. LOL - not sure if other writers go through such a long winded process as this, but so far this is the way that works for me. Some of the character motivations in the first part of the first draft need tweaking as they don't quite marry up with what happens in the second half of the book. I'm very pleased with the beginning and the end, but the middle needs quite a lot of work.

The Bargain - Second Draft - Up To Chapter 1

When I have a completed second draft I'll submit that to my crit group and if I'm very happy with it, possibly a beta reader and see what they have to say. At that time I'll start working on redrafting Raven.

More updates next week.

No comments: