Monday 5 January 2009

What I'm Reading

Lol - it's reading Monday.

My reading aims for 2009 are to focus on three categories - bear in mind that it takes me quite a while to read anything - the classics, banned books and I'll probably sneak a little m/m in there. :)

Why these three? Well in 2008 during banned books week I realized I'd actually read very few of the banned books listed and wanted to rectify that. Hopefully by banned books week this year I'll be able to make it to 13 books read.

Also apart from the books I HAD to read at school I've read very few of what would be considered classic stories so I'm going to try and get in at least a couple of those and hope they aren't too heavy going.

And I couldn't possibly get through the year without reading and recommending some m/m.

So I'm starting out with a classic - Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. This is one of those books that has been made into television series and movies several times over. I admit I have watched none of them and have never read the book. So this should be interesting. I'll update you all next week with my progress (or lack of).

No comments: