Thursday 8 January 2009

Thursday 13 #14 - Goals for 2009


So thanks again to Nicole at Book-Wyrm Knits, without whom I would often be stuck for Thursday 13 ideas. Except for the writing goals this is probably going to seem quite a light and fluffy list. But I feel in the need for light and fluffy at the moment.

Writing

1) Complete The Bargain - well on the way to accomplishing this one.

2) Complete Raven - Outline needs rewriting following feedback on the first draft. Will be starting this one once The Bargain is completed.

3) Complete at least one other project.

4) I almost hesitate to include this one. But THIS year I would like to get The Tithing revised. Maybe this could be my number 3.

5) Get my outlines and notes organized.

6) Win Nano this year

Reading

7) Read at least one book from the banned books lists, and if possible get my banned books total up to 13.

8. Read at least one ‘classic’. Well on my way to getting this one done already.

Misc.

9) As a birdwatcher I’d like to see one bird in the wild that I haven’t seen before.

10) Knit my next scarf. If I’m honest, knitting scarves is just about my skill level, and I have a great funky wool for the next one.

11) Start a quilt. I’ve wanted to try making an English pieced quilt for the past couple of years. Maybe 2009 is the year I’ll get it done.

12) See more films at the cinema because I never seem to get around to seeing them if I wait for the DVD.

13) Bake a cake. My culinary skills (like my knitting skills) are somewhat lacking. So I’d love to say I tried baking this year and what I produced was reasonably edible. Maybe, if not a cake then cupcakes or muffins.

I’ll try and remember to revisit this list at the end of the year and see how many of them I actually accomplished.

No comments: