Thursday 18 September 2008

Thursday 13 #5 ~ Vampires


So in honour of one of my current WIP’s, The Bargain which features a vampire hero - Sebastian - this weeks Thursday 13 will be 13 of my favourite vampires (in no particular order). There will be no wimpy, soul searchers here. That’s not my kind of vamp.

1. Selene. Death dealer vampire from the film Underworld. The good girl vampire of this list. She’s kick ass and does the right thing even though it means turning all her fellow vampires against her.

2. Mircea. North American Vampire Senate member of the Cassandra Palmer books by Karen Chance. Dracula’s older brother.

3. Danica Talos. Playing the part of the bad girl vampire on this list. For me, the best thing about Blade Trinity that isn’t Ryan Reynolds. LOL. She chews the scenery and her victims, she’s witty, sarcastic and a total bitch. My favourite vampire of the entire Blade series.

4. John Matthew a.k.a. Tehrror from the Black Dagger Brotherhood books by J.R.Ward. His ongoing story has me completely hooked.

5. Raphael, a vampire you won’t have heard of yet, but who I’ve been lucky enough to read about. He doesn’t take prisoners, and he doesn’t suffer fools. The first of the Vampire Lords of America from D.B.Reynolds a member of my OWG group, currently scheduled to be published January of 2009.

6. Cassandra from Kelley Armstrong’s Otherworld series. KA is one of my favourite authors, and Cassandra is a character whose story I’ve been waiting impatiently for. This is a vampire who doesn’t apologise for her behaviour, who says what she wants to, even if it offends others and who doesn’t always realise when she is offending people.

We have a few either/or’s coming up now.

7. Erik or Bill (from the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris). I have to go for Erik. I liked Bill in the beginning I really did, but he kind of blew it. Plus Erik was so adorable when he forgot who he was.

8. Asher or Jean Claude (from the Anita Blake series by Laurell K. Hamilton). This one is difficult. And I think it’s probably impossible to choose between the two as they kind of go together, so for the list, they get equal billing.

9. Angel or Spike (from Angel and Buffy). Has to be Spike. Angel did have a tendency to take himself slightly too seriously sometimes and even the redeemed Spike still has that British sarcasm thing going on.

10. The Wroth Brothers from Kresley Cole’s Immortals After Dark series. I’m picking Conrad from Dark Needs at Night’s Edge.

11. Jayr from the Darkyn books by Lynn Viehl. Jayr is the heroine of my favourite Darkyn book so far - Evermore.

12. Vayl from the Jaz Parks books by Jennifer Rardin. One of the vampires I’ve read that I actually believe is over 300 years old. His inability to always grasp sarcasm and tendency to take anything Jaz says literally is a delight to read.

13. Henry Fitzroy from the Blood series by Tanya Huff. There should definitely be more bisexual vampires.

No comments: