Thursday 21 August 2008

Thursday 13 #1 ~ 13 Random Songs



THURSDAY THIRTEEN - 13 random songs from my Ipod

I got the idea for this Thursday 13 from Sarai at Thoughts of an Aspiring Writer. Hopefully nothing too embarrassing will come up.

1. Years - Beth Nielsen Chapman (Greatest Hits) I have a real weakness for buying songs after hearing them on tv. So this album was one I picked up after hearing Sand and Water on Charmed. It was one of those where I ended up loving the whole album.

2.Every Day is Exactly the Same - Nine Inch Nails (With Teeth) LOL - I also buy songs if I hear them on soundtracks. So picked this one up after seeing Wanted and love it. Definitely could write something to this.

3.Full of Grace - Sarah McLachlan (Surfacing) I know you’re thinking I picked this up after hearing it on Buffy. Wrong! I’d got this album before the song was used. Love Sarah McLachlan and Fumbling Towards Ecstasy is perhaps my favourite album.

4.Eyes Like Yours - Shakira (Laundry Service)

5.My Last Breath - Evanescence (Fallen) Love this album and I think the majority of songs on it lend themselves well to character inspiration.

6.Dumb - Garbage (Version 2.0)

7.Nara - E.S.Posthumus (Unearthed) Also known as the theme to Cold Case, and has been used in movie trailers as well. Very dramatic and I find it helps when I’m plotting tense situations.

8.Grace Kelly - Mika (Single) It’s nice to have the occasional happy song on there.

9.Hurt - Christina Aguilera (Back to Basics) This is actually an inspiration song for one of the characters in the Untitled piece I’m outlining at the moment.

10.Henry Martin - Figgy Duff (Due South Soundtrack) Another song with a story.

11. Songbird - Eva Cassidy (Love Actually Soundtrack) Just a beautiful song

12.The Planets Suite:Jupiter - Holst, performed by London Philharmonic - One of my favourite pieces of classical music. An incredibly emotional piece, uplifting and melancholy at the same time. The middle section is used for the hymn I Vow to the My Country.

13.Duel of the Fates - Star Wars Phantom Menace Soundtrack - A great piece of music for writing action and fighting scenes to.

No comments: