Tuesday 26 August 2008

Natural History Museum and Updates

So a quick word about the Natural History Museum in London - well worth a visit if ever you have a few hours to spare. I think I spent about 5 hours wandering around and still didn’t manage to see all of it. Though I made sure I visited the Earth’s Treasury in the red zone, having studied geology it was probably the section I most wanted to see. Plus LOL I think it’s by far and away the most gemstones I have ever seen in one place, a simply stunning and beautiful collection.

Of course no trip to the museum would be complete without seeing the dinosaur skeletons - favourite dinosaur is the tricerotops - and the life size model of the blue whale. I think of all the skeletons the one that blew me away was of the giant sloth. Maybe because you expect dinosaurs and whales to be big, but trying to comprehend a furry land mammal that was that big…and thinking more of modern sloths as being dog sized. LOL - maybe I should stop there, I just found it hard to get my brain wrapped round that one.

And as Dr. Who would point out where there are museums and people there have to be gift shops. :). I picked up a lovely marble egg - very white and calming - sitting next to me now as I type.

Speaking of typing. Raven is going very well. I’m managing to write every day, so on current speeds I should have a first draft finished in the next four weeks. 50,000 words may have been an underestimate but I’m not going to change my target. Later on there will probably be cutting and adding so it could all even out.

Now I’ve settled into a blogging routine there will be Thursday 13, Sonnet on a Sunday and I’m going to try and squeeze in a post on a Tuesday as well, which will either be updates, news or the character profiles which I’m hoping to start posting next week.

That’s all for now, back to work for me. :)

No comments: