Tuesday 22 December 2009

Favourite Christmas Films

It’s the time of year when I’m planning which movies to catch on tv over the festive period. So, in no particular order here are my favourite Christmas films (or films which feature Christmas).

Scrooge (1970) – The musical starring Albert Finney as Scrooge. For some reason this version doesn’t get shown too often. A pity as it’s probably my favourite version of A Christmas Carol.

The Long Kiss Goodnight (1996). Okay, not particularly a Christmas movie AT ALL. But it is one of my favourite films and does take place at Christmas.

A Christmas Carol (1999) – The version featuring Patrick Stewart. And the one that seems to be played most often. Lol – you’re probably noticing a pattern to my Christmas viewing.

Die Hard (1988) – The original and still the best. Besides it’s got Alan Rickman in it.

The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992) – I only watched this for the first time last year and I loved it. It’s very close to the Alastair Sim version of Scrooge, which I know for a lot of people is the definitive version.

Love Actually (2003) – Was just watching this the other night, and I think it sums up a lot about Christmas and is possibly a future Christmas classic.

So you may have guessed that one of my Christmas traditions is to try and watch as many versions of A Christmas Carol as possible. It always reminds me of the important things about the season and leaves me with a warm Christmassy glow.

No comments: