Thursday 11 December 2008

Thursday 13 #12 - Kick-Ass Heroines

1) - Xena - Has to be number 1 for me. I was a huge Xena fan - gutted by the ending. For anyone else who doesn’t like the way the series I ended. I recommend watching When Fates Collide as the very last episode.

2) - Ellen Ripley. If it hasn’t got Ripley in it, it’s just not an Alien movie for me.

3) - Selene from the Underworld movies. LOL - well I am a vampire and werewolf fan.

4) - Lara Croft. Like the first movie better than the second. And Tomb Raider 3 is my favourite version of the game.

5) - River Tam from Serenity and Firefly. Beautiful, balletic fight sequences.

6) - Wonder Woman. Well I am a child of the 70’s, and yes I did spend a portion of my childhood twirling round in a circle. LOL

7) - Sarah Connor. I love Linda Hamilton’s portrayal the transformation from normal woman to fighter for the future. I’m also addicted to the Sarah Connor Chronicles as well.

8. - Elena from Kelley Armstrong’s Otherworld series. The only female werewolf. She just not a chick who waits around for the guys to come and rescue her, not if she can do it herself first.

9) - Sydney Bristow from the Alias Series. I’ve not seen Season 5 yet. It kind of disappeared from the UK tv schedule after Season 4. Must get the DVD sets.

10) - Alice from the Resident Evil films. Actually just the first film. I still can’t watch the scene in the corridor outside the Red Queen’s hub. :sigh: I am such a wuss.

11) - Jean Grey from the X-Men. Okay, she’s not exactly kick-ass. But she was the X-Men I would choose to be, if that were possible. And telekinesis would always be my power of choice.

12) - Zoe also from Serenity. One of my favourite films. It took me a while to get into Firefly, but by the time I did I was so pleased that there would be some resolution to the storyline in the film.

13) - The Bride from the Kill Bill movies. Perhaps the ultimate kick-ass heroine.

Just to finish off, here’s River Tam, kicking butt.


No comments: