Tuesday 21 October 2008

WIP Update

I'm guilty of not doing one of these for a while, so below is a list of how things are going at the moment.


The Bargain (Working Title)

m/m, current wordcount 12,214/50,000

(Yes the expected end wordcount has gone up just a little bit). This is my vampire/werewolf road trip story, and my main WIP at the moment. A very small teaser can be found here. At the moment it's looking like a two part story and I'm hoping to have part 1 completed and submitted to crit group by the end of October. The Bargain is set in the same Universe as the Land of the Fey, but centuries later.

Robert (working title)

m/m fantasy, word count 0/50,000, outlining

Yep, I suck at thinking up titles. This is my NaNo piece and is what I'll be concentrating on in November. Probably working on The Bargain Part 2 at the same time.

Land of the Fey

Raven

m/f, current word count 12,250/50,000

I've written and submitted several chapters of Lily and Darvan's story to crit group. I know the major plot arc of the story but at the moment the beginning as written isn't working. So it's back to the drawing board for a rewrite.


Fox Prince

m/f

Genys and Reynard's story. It's possible Reynard's story may be completed before Lily's. Fox Prince will give a much broader overview of the Fey World and the larger situation at the time of the Civil War. It will also explain why Genys allowed Alaric to be wounded.


Other Works

Silvertree

m/m sci/fi, current word count - 8000/50,000, on hold

The beginning of this needs rewriting. LOL - mainly because I've nicked a big chunk of it and am going to incorporate it into my NaNo story. So leaving this one with a big piece of plot missing.


The Tithing

m/f, current word count - 50,000/50,000

Awaiting revision. This was my 2006 NaNo novel. It needs tightening up and slightly replotting in places but I'd really like to look at this again before the end of the year. It's a vampire fantasy kind of set in the same Universe as the Land of the Fey

So that's the situation at the moment. :)

No comments: