Wednesday 23 July 2008

Land of the Fey 2

So after a great deal of procrastination, I’ve come to the conclusion that was probably obvious to everyone else. The next Land of the Fey story will be Lily’s.

:slaps forehead:

One of the biggest hurdles I have as a writer is how easily sidetracked I get. For instance in IWWH I know the backstory and motivations of every character*. Whenever a character does something I want to know why - and often the why is very interesting. Which is why I’ve been pulled towards wanting to do Genys and Reynard’s story. Genys is quite a powerful character, she never appears on page in IWWH, but it is her actions that are the pivot for Alaric and Valerian’s relationship. She makes an incredibly hard decision, sticks to it and because of that everything changes. So I will definitely be writing her story at some point.

Back to Lily. I’m giving her story the WIP title of Raven. So you’ll see that changed in the sidebar. Currently working on getting the outline down, the whole story is in my head, I know exactly what happens. But I just need to get the major points down so I stay roughly on track.

* - With two exceptions. Jerin and Marek. Jerin is strong and silent, and probably has a very interesting story to tell, but he’s keeping it close to his chest. And Marek is very young compared to the others, very earnest and hasn’t really done much yet.

No comments: